Below an except of a recent article on
Career Regrets by Harvard Business review.
Daniel Gulati conducted a research among 30 professionals between 28-58 asking them what they regretted most about their careers today.
Apparently the effects of a bad career decision and dis confirmed expectancy were felt equal across the age groups.
Below a list of the top 5 career regrets,
1. I wish I hadn't taken the job for the money.
2. I wish I had quit earlier.
3. I wish I had the confidence to start my own business.
4. I wish I had used my time at school more productively.
5. I wish I had acted on my career hunches.
To read the full story please click here.
Daniel Gulati, A Tech entrepreneur based in New York. He is a coauthor of the book Passion & Purpose: Stories from the Best and Brightest Young Business Leaders and a contributor to the HBR Guide to Getting the Right Job.